Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Great trip with my two former players (football) and Skye

Traveled down to the Honda Center in Irving. UCLA handed BYU its first loss of the year. I am sure there will be more,but not many. These two young men, Miguel and Alex, have been not only good football players , but excellent people and fun to be around. If I could just get them to tolerate Porterville High School football. Just Kidding-It is a rivalry and boy do I understand rivalries. This college basketball game was the feature game of the Johnny Woooden Classic. First one held after his death this summer.He was 99 years old if I remember right. Along with coach Al Videratta from Napa High, and LaVell Edwards, BYU's legendary coach and my coach, UCLA's Johhny Wooden was someone who inspired me when I was a little kid, as well as, a father, teacher and coach. He is well known for his wisdom and this quote is apropos for all of my family:

 The most important profession in the world is parenting. The second is teaching, and everyone is a teacher to someone.
COACH JOHNNY WOODEN

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dad,

    Great picture of you on your blog; has anyone lately told you what a hottie you are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's about time for a blog update daddy stoddard!

    ReplyDelete