Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's Mother's day and I miss my mother. I get a longing feeling for my mom and I am extremely, not jealous, but overwhelmingly melancholy when people, my age, still have their parents around them. I would love to be able to talk to my mother and get her advice and discuss with her the things that I have learned in the last thirty years of life. I also find it amazing that there are many who do not appreciate their mothers and take them for granted. As for me, I loved my mother and wish I would have talked to her more and listened intensely. She was a teacher-a good one, who managed to be a mother of four boys while becoming qualified to be a teacher and still took care of us and cared for us boys, despite our differences. I believe my children's mother is like that as well. She is a Mother first and foremost and never has neglected her duty as a mother. I love her for that and hope my children will always remember the dedication and love she has for them.

1 comment:

  1. I for sure LOVE and APPRECIATE my Mama! She's the best =)

    ReplyDelete